10+ Best Apps for Dropbox:
1. Let People Drop Stuff In Your Dropbox using DropItToMe.
- DropItToMe is a service which allows you to set up a URL specifically for your friends and clients to use for uploading things to your Dropbox. You can set a password which allows them uploading access via the URL.
- Use programs like InSync and Otixo to perform DropBox-like syncs for Google Docs or any cloud service.
- The app URL Droplet allows you to save a URL to your Dropbox to view later.
- You can set up SendToDropbox and get a unique email address for your Dropbox which you can forward emails to if you want the attachment saved.
- Attachments.me browser extension and website lets you save Gmail attachments to Dropbox from within Gmail.
- There are several great tools to encrypt (file protection) your Dropbox, such as BoxCryptor, DataLocker and SafeBox. MakeUseOf has a great article on how to use BoxCryptor here.
- Using an app like TextDropApp might be a great way for you to keep notes in sync across devices and edit via a browser
- WriteBox does much the same thing
- DropTun.es is a way to listen to your music hosted on Dropbox via a web browser. You can already use Droptunes then. Simply add some music to your Dropbox folder and log into Droptunes
- There are a number of great apps designed to make it easy to host a website from within Dropbox.To do it more easily, there are services like DropPages, Pancake.io and ScriptoGr.am to help you.
- GimmeBar is an app which lets you collect various web clippings for later use. You save them directly to your Dropbox, where they can be accessed from all of your devices.
- Here at MakeUseOf, we love ITFFF because it can do some awesome syncing between your favourite social networks and online data. It allows you to do some great automation with Dropbox, without needing to know anything about coding.
Source: MakeUsOf.com. Article by Angela Alcorn